Missed me in September? To be honest, I missed myself as well! Curious, what I actually mean by that? Well, I’ve been transparent with you in many other articles. So why stop now, right? My readers must be thinking how can one Human Being go through so much. Let me tell you, I often ask myself that same question. Allow me to share my healing journey with you!
The past couple of months ‘LIFE’ felt like climbing a very steep mountain with a back pack filled with very heavy rocks! Often, we go through so much in life that it just keeps piling up and we are in such a hurry to get on with it that we don’t take the time to deal with ‘the rocks’ to really move on. The prophetic word for 2020 is: ‘MOVE FORWARD’ which was released by prophetess Arleen Westerhof. She and her husband Dick Westerhof lead God’s Embassy Amsterdam, the church where I serve and am blessed to be a member of. A beautiful verb, but in reality it isn’t as easy as it sounds or looks because life is just full of ‘Ups and Downs’. The trick is to figure out how to overcome the dark valleys and how to celebrate when you are on the top of the mountain!
At the age of 38, I must say that I never expected to be living the life which I am living nowadays. It is as if God just pitched a curve ball at me and I’m trying to figure out how to catch it. It feels like participating during a bootcamp you never signed up for and running a never-ending race. It’s basically saying goodbye to the ‘OLD YOU’ and being transformed into a whole ‘NEW YOU’. The transition is intense, but worth it in the end I guess!
With this article, I would like to share some tips and tricks I’ve acquired during this ‘Happy Holistic Healing’ journey. Of course, you guys had the privilege of reading the amazing article ‘Quarantine Clean‘ written by wellness coach Shereen Jaeger, where she spoke about detoxing: the body, soul (heart & mind) and spirit. I hope and pray that this first co-authoring was able to bless your life as much as it did mine. According to the statistics, you guys are reading which gives me energy to continue! Stay tuned for more collaborations coming up in November and December!
At this point, you’re probably wondering in which healing phase I am? Well, I have been on an intentional ‘Holistic Detox’ for the past three years now. I had to go on an adventure to discover hidden secrets and crucial keys for a wholesome life! Curious what they are? Keep on reading!!
In 2017, I started with MY BODY as the Word of God says: “Don’t you realize that your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit, who lives in you and was given to you by God? You do not belong to yourself, for God bought you with a high price. So you must honor God with your body.” – 1 Corinthians 6:19 (New Living Translation).
How did I do this? I decided to stop dating men for awhile, since it was only causing unnecessary drama and disappointments which lead to severe brokenness. I wanted to be ‘HOLY & PURE’ while serving the Lord and become ‘WHOLE’ until the ”THE LOVE OF MY LIFE’ finds me. This also included deleting toxic friendships and only allowing healthy ones in my inner circle. For a little longer than a year, I didn’t drink any alcohol or eat certain foods just to keep my inward parts clean as well. I had to keep my ears open and my eyes focused on King Jesus for His guidance during this ‘Wholistic Journey’, while becoming all I am meant to be and living in ‘Authentic Purpose’! Just for the record, this hasn’t been easy due to the many temptations I encountered as a young woman and wasn’t always able to resist. Still, I am determined to ‘Wait For My Soulmate’ and one day be able to Respect, Trust and Love again. Sounds dramatic huh, but yes I was that traumatized and damaged!
In 2018, I continued with MY SPIRIT as the Word of God says: “The Spirit alone gives eternal life. Human effort accomplishes nothing. And the very words I have spoken to you are spirit and life.” – John 6:63 (New Living Translation).
How did I do this? After completing ‘School Of The Prophets’, which was a spirit filled & life giving training that really helped me understand my prophetic gift better. I decided to go through an extra deep spiritual deliverance to give the Holy Spirit more room to work in and through me. I did this by entering the ‘Courtrooms of Heaven’ to cleanse my generational bloodline and free myself from toxic garbage passed on. I meant serious business, because I wanted to claim (back) ALL the promises and blessings with my name on it! I literally had to face my demons and become a ‘Prayer Warrior’! Now, I can testify that I am reaping my harvest in abundance! If you would like to find out more about this new prayer strategy, you can read Robert Henderson’s book on this topic or ‘Vrijspraak’ written by Marie-Therese Van. After such a heavy court case, I did a session of ‘Life Changing Prayer’ for a deeper inner healing lead by the Holy Spirit! I am so thankful to all my mentors and servants of the Most High (you know who you are) during this time for their: love, faith, patience and wisdom. If you live in the Netherlands, I would highly recommend ‘Prophetic Coaching’ by this company called ‘As On Eagles Wings’. The coaches offer a professional but personal support system during this process. If you would like to find out more about their services, have a look at their website: www.asoneagleswings.org.
In 2019, I pressed on with MY SOUL PART 1 (The Mind) as the Word of God says: “Don’t copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will learn to know God’s will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect.” – Romans 12:2 (New Living Translation).
How did I do this? I decided to just surrender and make peace with the calling upon my life and not ‘Run & Hide’ anymore. I submitted to being the Clay while the Potter molds me (BIG SIGH). So, I enrolled in a ‘Kingdom Training School’ and ‘Leadership Training School’ at my church. Dick Westerhof, who is the apostle of God’s Embassy Amsterdam provides these apostolic trainings. Next year, I am considering to continue with ‘School Of The Apostles’ and hopefully have completed all the training I need to do what the Lord has envisioned for me. I figured since I am preparing to be launched into ministry, I had to grow as a woman of God and change my mindset towards ‘Kingdom & Queendom Living’. I must say that I am really happy I took this step, because the new knowledge gained was so valuable. The most profound revelation that I acquired was the teaching based on ‘Spheres Of Influence’ called ‘The Seven Mountain Prophecy’ by Johnny Enlow (you can find his teachings on YouTube). If you are ever interested in an apostolic or prophetic training, have a look at the website of’ ‘Living In Your Destiny’: www.liyd.org and ‘Coalition Apostolic Reformation’: www.coalitie.org for amazing conferences of well-known apostolic and prophetic voices such as: Che Ahn, Chuck Pierce, Cindy Jacobs, Sharon Stone etc.
In 2020, I ended with MY SOUL PART 2 (The Heart) as the Word of God says: “So get rid of all the filth and evil in your lives, and humbly accept the word God has planted in your hearts, for it has the power to save your souls.” – James 1:21 (New Living Translation).
How did I do this? I decided to finish with Therapy, just to clean up all the toxic emotions from past trauma’s once and for all! Due to the unfairness of life, I was faced with unanswered and very complicated life questions concerning ‘Motherhood‘. But, I also wanted to learn how to make healthier choices in life. Let me tell you, I thought I knew myself well but this process forced me: to dig deeper, to understand myself better, to forgive the ones that wronged me and learn how to set healthy boundaries. It felt like ripping off bandaids and healing the infected wounds with 100% alcohol. Oh man, words can’t even describe how painful this operation has been to cut through loads of toxic layers (think of peeling an onion) just to find the original version of ME! In the end, it’s the Holy Spirit’s job to heal the deepest wounds nobody else has access to. But only if you allow Him to for He is a gentleman. The wisdom and knowledge given to my therapist, seals the deal!
So now, I hope you understand why I said I missed myself in the introduction of this article. Although, it is truly exciting becoming the new, true and real me. I am EXHAUSTED! Besides preparing for Ministry, I also teach English at a local high school, I’m setting up my Business and still try to build in a Social Life with family and friends while maintaining a house hold all by myself. Very fem-powered right, but seriously too much for one human being to carry. I really needed supernatural strength from Abba Father to be able to do all the above in EXCELLENCE! For God’s Word says: “To whom much is given, much is required.” – Luke 12:28 (New Living Translation)
This ‘Holistic Detox’ and ‘Transformation Journey’ takes a lot of: time, patience, dedication and perseverance which requires loads of ENERGY. My personal wellness coach, Shereen Jaeger (Instagram: @jaegerlifestylemedia) would always say: “Stop being like a Martha and sit at the feet of Jesus like a Mary!” You can read the Bible story in Luke 10: 38- 41. At first, I didn’t understand what she meant by that but lately my body has been giving me warning signs that I needed to take it easier and RECHARGE my internal battery to prevent a BURN-OUT. See the pink images above for ‘mental health’ & ‘high sensitivity’ symptoms. So for the past month, I had to take some TIME OFF to just BREATHE and REST! This meant a major PAUSE of not teaching, no business, no ministry, no blogging, no socializing and all ‘the above & below’ just to find A NEW BALANCE IN LIFE! It was time to plug into the source of the Creator’s Universe, because I was running on EMPTY! You can read my spoken word poetry on this topic called: ‘Equilibrium‘.
As you guys can read, I am a Busy Bee so sitting still is NOT my thing! But ok, how does one rest? This is actually the most FUN part of the ‘Under Construction’ journey so far, which is the REST(ORATION), RECOVERY and RESET phase. Here is where ‘SELF-LOVE’ and ‘SELF-CARE’ kicks in. Wondering how to do this? Well, this was a discovery by itself but most definitely my favorite part of the ‘Happy Holistic Healing’ journey. It’s actually the phase I am in right now, where I get to deal with ‘POSITIVE VIBES’ only! Curious, how that looks like? Below, I’ll be sharing my most FAVORITE products and places that helped me eliminate all the ‘NEGATIVE VIBES’ during this time. These ‘Heaven on Earth moments’ give me little injections of happiness. Due to the ‘2nd Lock Down’ and ‘Corona Quarantine’, some of these options have momentarily been restricted but I believe better days are coming back soon!
Here’s my TOP 10 of ‘Heaven on Earth moments’ with ‘Me, Myself and I’:
- I love listening to Music, it relaxes me and brings me to a whole other ‘Dimension’! Currently, I am listening to the song ‘Born Tiered’ by Jhene Aiko and it’s on repeat (listen below) but love Sabrina Claudio too (her poetic sing-song writing is amazing, listen to Orion’s Belt)! When I am feeling HOLY and in A GOSPEL MOOD, I really enjoy Bethel Worship via YouTube as well. It lifts my spirit up, while singing along with the anointed lyrics! Everywhere I go, the (class)room or my car is filled with sweet music! Of course, as a South-American ‘gyal’ who grew up in the Caribbean my body can’t help but move and dance along to the rhythm of the songs.
- I love reading Books & Magazines, it helps me take my mind off of ‘Reality’ and brings me into a new world full of ‘Discovery’! I’ve noticed that reading helps me fall asleep quicker as well. Seriously, don’t underestimate a good night sleep of at least 8 hours or the energy you get from a 30 minute Power-Nap! Currently, I am reading the book: ‘Meer dan Intelligent’ written by Tessa Kieboom & Kathleen Venderick about ‘Multiple Intelligence’. This book was advised to me by my coaches at ‘As On Eagles Wings’ to help me understand my brain better. I always say knowledge is power! Once a nerd, always a nerd right? I am super proud of it! I usually buy my books via Bol.com, but I love buying books in original book stores too. In the future, I would love to have my own library in my new home. One of my favorites is the ‘Openbare Bibliotheek Amsterdam’ (OBA) and my local library, where I teach my ‘Private English Classes’! As a fashionista, I really love ‘Cosmopolitan’ magazines but can also enjoy ‘Interior Design’ magazines or the ‘O’ magazine by Oprah Winfrey!
- I love watching Movies, it gives me a chance to escape into a world filled with ‘Fantasy’! It’s also a youth sentiment, because this is a passion I share with my father and brother! Currently, I love the movie ‘Eat, Love and Pray’ with Julia Roberts as the main character. The message of the story is basically based on a ‘Self-Love’ journey and eventually finding ‘True Love’! It even inspired a city trip I made by myself and wrote an elaborate article about, check out ‘Porto’s Pearls’. It was truly the best adventure, I have been on ALONE! The movie ‘Notebook’, just makes me fall in love with love. I am such a hopeless romantic! Of course, both can be seen on ‘Netflix’! But, when I want to check out a new movie, going to the ‘Pathe Cinema’ and smelling the scent of sweet and salty popcorn is also one of my faves!
- I love writing as a Hobby, it enables me to express my thoughts and emotions on paper, because sometimes you can’t do this with people. Currently, I journal a lot which helps me with my conversations with God and deal with the ‘static’ in my head and ‘storm’ in my heart! It calms me down and helps me sleep better. My creative energy is finally coming back and I am able to receive divine inspiration again. After a whole year of not writing my poems or performing my Spoken Word, I am finally working on my new spoken word poetry about ‘The Year 2020’. So stay tuned as I am getting ready to birth my new baby before entering the new year!
- I love Nature & Flowers, a walk in the park or woods during the autumn season is simply magical. You see the leaves of the trees turning into different colors of brown and to me that’s art. I especially love buying flowers as a gift for myself (of course love receiving them too). It makes me happy to be able to bring a piece of nature in my home and enjoy the beauty of God’s creation. Currently, I love this Dutch company called ‘Bloomon’ (www.bloomon.nl) who deliver fresh flowers weekly or monthly. Via the website you can choose the delivery frequency. Cool right? I always look forward to the beautiful composition of the bouquet! My favorite flowers are: white orchids, pink peonies, white tulips, pink hydrangeas, white magnolias, pink lotuses and a single red rose. The color pink is one of my favorite colors, because it reminds me of ‘femininity’ and white symbolises ‘purity’! Two aspects, I really focus on during this ‘Wholistic Journey’!
- I love scented Candles & Perfume, it is the smell of the essential oils in the candle that gives me such an indescribable warm and cozy feeling inside. Especially while enjoying a nice cup of ‘Or Tea’ (‘Lychee White Peony’ flavor is my fave) and covering myself with a soft blanket on the couch during this rainy autumn season. Currently, my favorite scent is the ‘Orris Mimosa’ candle & fragrance sticks by ‘Rituals’ (www.rituals.nl) but to be honest I actually love everything about this Asian inspired brand! My favorite perfume to wear during the day is called ‘My Name’ from Trussardi and in the evening it’s ‘Coco Mademoiselle Intense’ by Chanel of course!
- I love the Spa & Swimming Pools, it is a set time away from all the busyness in life to give my mind, soul and body the chance to align and come into balance with itself. Currently, I have discovered the benefits of: swimming, massages, saunas and scrub sessions. It improves my condition, regulates my energy flow, enhances the resistance in my body and renews my skin. Sunbathing at ‘LoSol Sun Studio’ for 30 minutes every month gives me a feeling of being on the beach ((I advise the ErgoLine Light Vision). I always look healthier with my Indonesian tan instead of my porcelain Chinese skin! My favorite places to go to are: ‘Sanadome’ in Nijmegen, ‘Fort Resort Beemster‘ (www.fortresortbeemster.nl) and ‘Leeghwaterbad’ in Purmerend, the Netherlands. These are my little getaways for some ‘Relaxing Time’!
- I love Beauty Products, it is a way for me to enhance my feminine beauty and it makes me feel better about myself. Your face is the first thing people see, right? Currently, my favorite lipstick to paint my lips red is from M.A.C (Diva) available at the ‘Bijenkorf’. My favorite skin products at the moment are from ‘Origins‘ available at the ‘Douglas’. As I age beautifully, the ‘Ginzing’ line excites me since it gives my face a vitamin boost and natural botox effect. OMG, you seriously need to try the sheet masks of ‘MILU‘! They are amazing, especially the ‘Bubble Foam’ which cleanses your skin and makes it really soft. In my hometown in Purmerend, I have three salons I love to go to. At the pink obsessed salon ‘Beauty Dream Purmerend’, I always spoil myself with Milu products after my ‘Lash Lifts’. Instead of lash extensions, it’s a healthier way of making the shape of your eyes pop! Always look sophisticated, right? Another thing, a lady must always treat herself to is a monthly manicure and pedicure. I am known for my fancy acrylic NailArt (totally into cat–eye at the moment) done at ‘Liser’, she takes her time and transforms my nails into perfection. On a monthly basis, I can be found in the salon of ‘E’stile Hair & Beauty’ to shape my eyebrows and style my hair. Blonds have more fun, right? As a curly girl, I am so into ‘CurlyGirlFriendly’ products for healthy hair and found this amazing website with helpful products, check them out: www.curlygirlfriendly.nl or join their ‘CurlyGirlfriendly Club’ on Facebook for some tips and tricks how to treat your curly hair! My beautiful mother (who is a curly lady herself) always says your hair is a crown on your head! So, no matter how you feel just make sure you take good care of yourself and REPRESENT!
- I love Art & Fashion, it is a way to enjoy creative images and a manner to express my creativity with ‘Dress to Impress’ clothes. Currently, I really love ‘Designer Vintage‘ on Instagram. They sell pre-owned fashion items with love! I recently bought: a beautiful Chanel scarf, a gorgeous Christian Dior bag and classy Louis Vuitton travel bag. Just as gifts for myself, because I feel that I deserved it after all my hard work and sacrifices! To me designer items are investments in art, but then in the form of: bags, shoes, clothes and jewelry. As you can probably tell from the banner, one of my favorite modern street artists is: Banksy! I have such a connection with ‘The Girl With The Balloon’ sketch, because in a sense it reminds me of myself and the process of ‘Letting go and Letting God’. I really suggest visiting his Artwork Expo at ‘Moco Museum’ (www.mocomuseum.nl) in Amsterdam. Next week, I’m taking myself on a date and will visit the ‘Vincent Van Gogh Museum’. The ‘Daily Paper Collab’ with his Sunflower paintings is just simply a brilliant fashion move and totally love it!
- I love Food & Cocktails, it is such a part of my Surinamese culture! Food brings family and friends together, while laughing and talking about life. Especially during my travels all over the world, I enjoy the amazing flavors of the different culinary dishes and drinks. The most memorable trip was to Marrakesh in Morocco, Africa. While entering the ‘Souks’ (the local market) on the famous ‘Jemma el-Fnaa’ square, you are welcomed by a colorful explosion of various ingredients, vegetables and fruit. Truly, a sight for sore eyes! Currently, one of my favorite regional restaurants is ‘Ichi-E’ in Amsterdam South-East where they serve the most prettiest and delicious Sushi. The presentation of the plate is simply eye-food and yummy for your tummy! All five senses are triggered by the taste of the ‘Pink Geisha’ cocktail which is to die for (yes, I started drinking again)! Another place where, I treat myself to a delicious dinner and enjoy a peaceful ambiance with an amazing location is ‘Papa’s Beach House’ (www.papasbeachhouse.nl). It’s in the middle of nature and has a breathtaking view of a lake while sitting next to a dreamy fire place. The food and service create a whole-package experience which makes the drive to the ‘Haarlemmermeerse Bos’ in Hoofdorp worth it. Naturally, I enjoy a mindful breakfast in the morning with a Nespresso or a fresh home cooked meal in the evening but ordering in (via Thuisbezorgd.nl) helps when I am too tiered!
@myselflovesupply is one of my favorite accounts on Instagram #PleaseFollow!
While writing this article, there is a lot going on behind the scenes. For the past week, my mother has been fighting the COVID-19 Virus. My father, mother and I had a terrible flu for the past three weeks. The first time, we were all tested negative but she probably got contaminated in the hospital and developed what they call ‘A Corona Pneumonia’. Praise God, that the whole family tested negative for the second time around! It was so scary to experience this at first hand while it seemed so far away! We were so worried about her, but luckily she is getting the best care at the local hospital and getting stronger each day to be welcomed home soon. Unbelievable, how much more appreciation I’ve developed for the nurses and doctors now! Please, keep them in your prayers! I just wanted to take the time and express my sympathy towards the families whose loved ones are going through this. Sending you all ‘LOVE & LIGHT’ during this global pandemic. Declaring this too shall pass!
So, I hope that you can imagine in which emotional state I am in right now and how difficult it was to write this article with the 60% energy I have. I feel terribly vulnerable sharing my ‘Under Pressure & Diamond Shaping’ journey with you since my healing isn’t 100% complete yet, but I felt a push of courage to still share. God doesn’t give us more than we can handle, right? I just hope and pray it will touch somebody’s heart or bless somebody’s life. My intention with this blog is to inspire the world with ‘Real Life Stories’ filled with nothing but TRUTH, showing you how God can transform a Mess into a Message, how He uses a Test and turns it into a Testimony so that He can get all the Glory from my or your Story! May this last Bible verse encourage you to never loose HOPE: “And we know that God causes everything to work together for the good of those who love God and are called according to His purpose for them. – Romans 8:28 (New Living Translation).
It would be awesome if you would let me know if the tips and tricks from my ‘Holistic Detox’ have encouraged you to start your very own ‘Happy Holistic Healing’ journey! Feel free to ask me questions or drop a comment below about this article. Thank you for taking the time to read this post and for visiting my blog! I hope you will come back soon!
Stay Safe & Healthy!